Thursday 5 February 2009

Wörthersee Triathlon 2008

So there I was waiting for the triathlon to start, little nervous again but I tried to stay calm, as the pictures shows. It was at the shore of my new swimming pool, the Wörthersee.
After waiting quite a long time, I was much to early there, we all got into the water. A shot was fired and I started crawling like mad. This time we were quite close together and arms were flinging everywhere. A kick here and a slap there, I had to get out of this madness so I swam and overtook one after the other. I got together with some guys swimming the same speed and I went for it. It was hard, I was tired and had no energy at all and quite early I had to fight the urge to slow down. Well after about 1km I already saw the fishing house were the transition zone was. I aimed for it... but what is this, why was there a granny and grandpa knitting on the porch. Oh, s$#! wrong fishing house. I had to turn a little and aim for the right house.
I got out, my stomach hurt, the same story as in Erlangen. I took a energy gel which took away the hunger and so I got on the bike. 2 Rounds with quite a hard hill to start with. Well as useual I was bloody slow, hands on the brakes and well.... just shameful.
But then I changed to running and had to give the best. My legs were hurting but I had to give everything. I took it to easy in Erlangen and I knew there is enough energy left.
A great triathlon, it was great fun.

76th place in 02:08:41h (00:22:36 / 01:08:02 / 00:35:19). It should have been 1.5km/40km/1okm but it was all much shorter, I would guess 1.4km/36km/9km.

No comments: