Sunday 21 February 2010

Skiing

A great skiing holiday in Maria Alm. The Alps are just beautiful in summer, in winter actually at all seasons. I took a 1 week vacation to go skiing and relax like here on the picture were I am on one of the huts eating Kassnocken and drinking Weissbier.
The skiing was also a great training for the upcoming season. Last year we had the best powder snow ever. It was up to my hip and even deeper which was one of the greatest skiing experiences. This year I did some mogul pistes and it was bloody exhausting - just what I wanted. After seeing more than one good skier going down those mogul pistes I had to learn to ski them down. Well it was no great success, it felt like being thrown around in a washing machine and I thought it must have looked like it as well. My brother promised me that it did look quite cool, but I know there is still a lot to learn. My brother the madman still skiing on his old 2.07m skies, also went down the mogul pistes - big respect! When it comes to nice, rapid ski-swerve he is definitely an ace. On the new skies he would be unstoppable. Here he is taking a snap shot of the landscape.

No comments: