Friday 2 July 2010

My First Rainy Triathlon - Mein Erster Regentriathlon

The day before the triathlon in Velden it started to rain, normally not so dramatic since it would surely stop after about three hours. Quite exited I woke up the next day and wanted to pack my things - meanwhile for me routine. The first glance out of my window showed it was still raining and it did not seem like it would stop in the next six hours and it was a heavy rain. I was too exited to cancel another rainy triathlon and I needed to learn to start in bad weather. Well my colleague Jonas called me and wanted to here from me, that I will not be starting and will chicken out. Well not this time and he had no other choice than to come along.
With a big bang from a gas cannon the triathlon started and it was brutal in the water, kicks and punches. One punch right into my goggles - outch. After about 500m out of the water a 100m run and back in again, that was painful since my lungs started burning. Out of the water again onto the bike and a 3 lap course. The first lap was super slow since I really was not used to riding in the rain, but it got better lap by lap. But still I was to slow and at the last lap Jonas overtoke my. That was really hard to swallow for me. He screamed at me and I increased the pace and I noticed there is still some loads of energy left. Into the transition, I saw Jonas a couple of meters in front of me and just screamed on top of my lungs that I will get him. I screamed so loud the audience got scared. It took some time but I caught up and wanted to pull him, but he was really fighting with stitches and I had to let him go and just go for it. I had to do a lot of catching up to do from all those guys who passed me on the bike course. And most important I wanted to have a under 4min/km run. And I did - YEAH!!!

Great fun Triathlon but not a special time with 1:14:22 (750m, 20km, 5km - 0:11:25, 0:41:12, 0:19:39 - swim, bike run).


Ein Tag for the Velden Triathlon fing es an zu Regnen. Normalerweise kein Problem da es sicherlich nach drei Stunden wieder aufhören würde. Sehr aufgeregt bin ich am nächsten Morgen aufgewacht und wollte meine Sachen packen - mitlerweile ist es schon bissl routine. Der erste Blick aus dem Fenster zeigte, dass es immer noch regnet und dass sicherlich noch sechs Stunden und das ziemlich heftig. Ich war zu Aufgeregt um wegen des Regens ab zu sagen und ich musste es auch lernen bei schlechtem Wetter zu starten. Mein Kollege Jonas rief mich an und wollte von mir hören, dass ich absage und den Schwanz einzuieh. Diesmal nicht und ihm blieb keine andere Wahl als mit zu kommen.
Mit einem großen Knall aus der Gaskanone ging der Triahtlon los und es war brutal, Tritte und Schläge. Ein Schlag voll auf die Schwimmbrille - aua. Nach 500m aus dem Wasser und 100m laufen und wieder rein, das hat in der Lunge gebrannt. Wieder aus dem Wasser und die 3 Runden auf dem Rad. Die erste Runde war ich sehr langsam da ich mich erst an das Fahren im Regen gewöhnen musste, aber es wurde jede Runde besser. Trotzdem war ich langsam und Jonas hat mich in der letzten Runde überholt. Das hab ich nur schwer verkraftet. Er schrie mich and und schon konnte ich schneller fahren und merke auf noch, dass da noch viel Energie ist. Rein in die Wechselzone, ich sag Jonas ein paar Meter vor mir und Schrie mit voller kraft, dass ich ihn noch erwischen werden. Der Schrei war so laut, dass die Zuschauer es mit der Angst zu tun bekommen haben. Es dauerte seine Zeit aber ich hab ihn eingeholt und wollte ihn auch gleich mitnehemen, doch Seitenstichen plagten ihn und ich musste alleine weiter. Ich musste noch viel aufholen, die ganzen Jungs die mich auf dem Rad überholt haben. Und am wichtigsten, ich wollte einen Lauf unter 4min/km. Den ich auch hatte - YEAH!!!

Riesen Spaß der Triathlon mit eine nicht so guten Zeit aber 1:14:22 (750m, 20km, 5km - 0:11:25, 0:41:12, 0:19:39 - swim, bike run).

No comments: