Monday 16 August 2010

My First Long Distance Swim

The Schwimm Aktiv Club training season has ended and as a nice finish we did a long distance swim. Of course we were divide into 3 groups, me taking part in the longest swim which should be 3.6km. From Krumpendorf along the bank the to the other lake side along that shore and then across the lake back to Krumpendorf. Seeing this only as a social event, although speaking during swimming does not work, I took it easy. Hannes M. as usual did not use a Neoprene, the madman. So on it went and a long time it took. My good, it is really hard but not really physically but mentally, you can not shut of your brain and you can not really drift away into ones fantasy world since you always have to stay on course. It took long and I was really tired and I got hungry. It is just tedious, but at least I know now that I will keep away from long distance triahtlon. It took us 1:30h and as I measure the distance again, it was a little longer..... nearly 5km. What a swim!!!

No comments: